Strip malls out, live sales in... Ready to take part in transforming the way we shop for clothing? I'm speaking of course about live sales, on both the instagram and Facebook platforms.
You may have seen them, taken part in them or heard of them but get out your notepad as we go through all the steps and tips on how to start your very own live sale!
First, let's divest into what you will need to start an instagram live account:
- Your page is your appearance
- Visit your favorite brands and stores FB/insta pages for inspiration and attempt to do your best to emulate that professional look.
2. A camera (below are the best reviewed webcams)
- Logitech C270.
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000. The Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 is a popular alternative to the Logitech C270. ...
- Logitech C310.
- Logitech C920.
4. A Following (Tips for increasing your following)
- Create fun & cute sharable content.
- Invite your social media friends to the business page. (For FB)
- Create incentives and special offers for liking your page and viewing your sale.
- Have a constant schedule and hold to it.
- Get the customers good deals and be memorable and the following will come.
5. Good Shipping Capabilities
- You will most likely be shipping USPS First Class postage.
- Visit stamps.com for good postage rates.
- Visit Amazon.com for cheap shipping bags
6. Customer Service
- Are you going to offer returns?
- Do customers have an ability to contact you about concerns?
If I were starting a live sale...
I would figure out how to offer something unique and price conscious to your friends, family and acquaintances, because these are the folks who are already following you. Start with the couple hundred of individuals that you're connected with and look to secure consistent revenue from providing a stellar product and service to friends and loved ones.
I would head over to Luxisocool.com, which from what I know has become a haven for live sales because it's extremely cheap clothing (price always wins) and you get one piece of everything rather than a bundle of 6. I would market my clothing from $10-$15 and just look to turn over quick and make a buck.
I would do everything in my power to create a following for free. Posting trends, unique deals and fresh takes on what's going on in fashion industry. Once I started spending money I would head straight for facebook which does really amazing targeted ads that are much more cost effective than anything in the market.